2013 MIKE MOLLETT: NEW SCULPTURE; Matters of Space; Highland Park, CA
2010 a matter of line : New Work; NaturalMind Salon: Silverlake, CA
BALLS & BUNDLES; Highways Performance Gallery; Santa Monica, CA
2009 MUD ROOM; Installation & performance. NadaDada Motel, Reno, NV
2006 PHOTOS, PLANTS & ASIAN POTTERY Home Gallery Los Angeles CA
1998 " Collected Ethnographic Artifacts of An Urban Tribe"; COMA Gallery; Cal
State University, Los Angeles, Los Angeles CA
1997 The L. A. MUDPEOPLE (a vitrine widow); as part of the symposium, Images
and Spaces of Transformation: Festival, Spectacle and Ritual in Visual
Culture; Dodd Hall, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
1986 ZTZU on Tour; exhibition & residency; w/NealTaylor; Off-Center Centre; Calgary, Canada
1982 ZTZU RETRO(spective): New & Collected Works; w/Neal Taylor; ZTZU;
Los Angeles CA
1973 Fragments and Artifacts/Paintings and Objects; California State Polytechnic
University, Pomona; The Library Gallery; Pomona, CA
1970 350 Used 5-Gallon Paint Buckets; Mt. San Antonio College Art Gallery, The
Main Gallery; Walnut, CA
2015 Small Twists of Time: Objects & Facsimile, a 2 person show; Antenna Studio; Eagle Rock, CA.
Back to The Roots: A Tribute to Richard Duardo; The Arroyo Arts Collective 10th Annual Lummis Day Festival;
The Southwest Museum; Highland Park, CA.
Variable Voices; Curated by Jay Bellosi; Lamperouge Gallery; L.A. CA.
Where The Magic Happens; curated by Kristine Schomaker; Gallery H of Phantom Galleries LA; LA. CA.
VisionsLA Climate Action Arts Festival; The Santa Monica Art Museum; Santa Monica, CA.
2015 Open Show; juried by Leslie Jones; Los Angeles Art Association; L.a. CA.
2014 Los Angeles Contraventions, curated by Mei Xian Qiu; Galerie Merkel, Wyhlen, Germany
BAM (beer, art & music), benefit for 18th Street Arts Center; Santa Monica, CA.
The Third Dimension; Mike Kelly Gallery, Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center; Venice, CA.
2013 Los Angeles Juried Exhibition. L.A. Municipal Art Gallery; Jurors- Mike
McGee, Aram Moshayedi, & Carol Cheh
Historias Imigrantes, Raices Taller 222 Gallery, Tucson, AZ
Annual Benefit Auction (juried), Los Angeles Art Association
2012 SUPERSENSE, Curated by Simmy Swinder, Gallery 825
GEM; Gallery 825
2010 pLAyLAnd, a pop-up art space; founding organizer w/ 3 medium to large
(19') bundles + a MUDROOM installation; Eagle Rock, CA
2007 FOUND: art of recycled objects; Cactus Gallery; Eagle Rock, CA
2006 Post-postcard 2006 ; Outpost for Contemporary Art; (small bundles, ed. of
12); Highland Park, CA.; 2006.
JEWELBOX: International MailArt Exhibition; Organized by Leslie Caldera, The Loft Gallery, San Pedro, CA
2003 ZOOM TOO: Downtown Los Angeles Photographers; I-5 Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
Selected Performances, L.A. MUDPEOPLE
2014 A Recipe For Disaster: Los Angeles Alternative Art in the 1970's (& 80's);
Highways Performance Space
2013 Filming & river hang; the L.A. River, D.A. Metrov, filmmaker
Downtown L.A. Skidrow, event for The Avant Guardian
2010 Beyond Baroque Odyssey/The 5th Decade; Beyond Baroque Venice, CA
PLAyLAnd, a pop-up artspace; Eagle Rock, CA
2009 "Hold Your Mud, L.A."; solo "mudperson"; a Barbara T. Smith performance;
Highways Performance Space
The L.A. River; mostly annually for the last 10 years; head waters to the ocean.
Motel courtyard & the River Center, Reno, NV
Burning Man Decompression; The Cornfields, LA, CA
Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Sanctuary; Northridge, CA
La Gran Limpieza; the Los Angeles River, Frogtown area
Volcano Garden Arts, Hawaii, The Big Island
1996 Dowtown Lives 96; the closing party; L.A., CA
1995 The DooDah Parade; Pasadena, CA
1988 The 4th World @ the Variety Arts Center; Downtown L.A.; (interaction w/
Selected publications and articles
• TIME on-line; L.A. MUDPEOPLE, photo essay on the L.A. River; Dec. 2010.
• "Art Canvases That Include Shag Carpeting"; The New York Times, National Edition; June 22, 2009.
• "Play With It"; Reno's News & Entertainment Weekly; cover photo; June 25-July 1, '09.
• LA WEEKLY, Calendar, Events; photo; April 26-May 2, 2002.
• "To Mom, It Was Trouble; To Mudpeople, It's More"; The Los Angeles Times,
• On The Town, by Victoria Looseleaf; April 25, 2002.
• "Exhibit Unites Artists With Nature; Pasadena Star-News; photo/mention; Sept, 30, 2001.
• Los Angeles Times, Calendar Weekend, Best Bets; MUDPEOPLE photo in DooDah Parade; Nov. 20, 1997.
• Huell Howser's "Visiting" # 423;(video), KCET (TV); 1996. (Chapman College Archives).
• "Doo Dah Days Are Here Again; Los Angeles Times, Metro Section; photo; Nov. 25, '96.
• "Wallowing in the Mud"; by Jennifer Schlocker; Los Angeles Independent; Sept. 14, '94.
• National Geographic Magazine; Sunset Boulevard; full-page color photo of the L.A. MUDPEOPLE, my caption; June 1992.
• "Paper-Mache Monsters", Hollywood Independent ; caption & photo; Sept. 18, 1991.